The final programme (updated 11 June 2013) of the conference is here.
Opening session will begin at 11:00 on Sunday.
A) Meeting of the International Society of Curators of Early Map (ISCEM) at 10:00 Location National Library, Yliopistonkatu 1
Chair Henrik Dupont
- Welcome and presentation of ISCEM
- Presentation of participants
- short reports from institutions >
- short presentation of the John Nurminen collection by Maria Grönroos
- Presentation of the project Wikimaps
- Digitized maps collections- could or should there be some formal agreements ? a) who digitize which maps b) what kind of metadata are wanted or necessary ? c)existing projects
- Future meetings
- How could me meet during the conference ?
B) Meeting of the ICA Commission on History of Cartography. This meeting is held at National Library of Finland, Yliopistokatu 1, Helsinki between 14:00 – 17:30. It is an OPEN meeting and everyone is invited to participate. Detail programme is available here.
On Sunday before the Conference there is an Annual General Meeting of the International Society for History of the Map. Meeting will be held at the Conference venue, Baltica meeting room, 2nd floor from 9:00- 11:00.